Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ponderings on Pruning



Pruned Apple Tree
Pruning is not something that comes naturally for me.  I hate to cut off all those nice branches just to send them to the compost pile.  I am learning.  I am learning that removing branches from my apple and peach trees equals more fruit.  I am learning that when I cut off the old wilted rose, new roses will continue to flourish for a longer season.  But I feel like such a traitor to that nice old rose that has lived out its life cycle in peace. 

I really am no good at pruning in any area of my life.  It takes discipline.  It takes slowing down to work through a mental process of why pruning is necessary and how it will be beneficial in the long-run.  You see, for me, gardening is full of spiritual moments.
Pruned Peach Tree
Fall Pruning Project

No comments:

Post a Comment